As the temperatures climb higher and higher towards the dreaded 100 degree mark we have been finding ways to play outside and still stay cool. Ethan and I went to the San Tan Mall which has a great outdoor play and splash pad area for kids, its nice and shaded and there is plenty of seating for parents. It took him a while to get into it but once some young ladies showed up Ethan of course got right in there to show off and have some fun!
We have also had some water fun in the backyard! I turned on the sprinklers one afternoon for Ethan but he was not the biggest fan of all the water getting in his eyes, so instead I put the hose on a rotating old style sprinkler and he was a bit happier with that. Mostly I was the one getting wet and having fun in the water while Ethan watched and refused to follow my lead (hence the lack of pictures of Ethan having fun in the pictures as I was the only one in the water). Then this past friday daddy came with us to a water jet area in Gilbert at Liberty Market. Its not shade covered like San Tan but I think the water jets are more fun, although they seemed to intimidate Ethan this year. Last summer I couldn't keep him out of them but this year he was a bit more cautious and it took Daddy to get him in but both boys had a great time!

Summer is off to a great start here! The weather has been nice so far and soon the pools will be warm enough for us to get in (I don't get in until its at least 80!).

No comments:
Post a Comment